The Organization and members, in pursuit of the Aspirations stated in Article 3 of the Constitutive Act of the GFVC AFRICA, shall act under the following Principles.
1. The Organization is based on the principle of the sovereign equality, sustainable development, growth, and quality of life for all its members and communities represented.
2. the Organization shall promote unity, stability and socio-economic development and respect democratic principles, human rights, the rule of law and good governance.
3. All Members, to ensure to all of them the rights and benefits resulting from membership, shall fulfill in good faith the obligations assumed by them under the Act and that of Public Benefit Organizations.
4. All Members shall be faithful to the Organization of African Unity, the Republic of South Africa, Regional Communities, and their Member States by honoring and abiding by their Constitution.
5. The capacity and resources of the organization shall be applied exclusively for the advancement and implementation of its strategic plans, programmes and not for personal gain.
6. Guided by the values and principles of the Organization, the Commission shall cooperate with all Regional Economic Clusters (RECs) in the development and implementation of clear coordinated goals, strategies and policies.
7. The Commission shall ensure that the vision, purpose, and values of the organization are clearly defined and instilled throughout the GFVC AFRICA; that they are reviewed at regular intervals to ensure that they remain relevant and are ‘owned’ and carried into effect at all levels of the organization.
8. The Commission shall ensure that the organization remains true to its values and principles, faithful to its mission, and effective in carrying out its public benefit activities, in the public interest.
9. The Commission, this includes all REC Commissioners, shall share competence with the Council of the Assembly (States Government Representatives and traditional leaders) within the organization in the following areas: customs; industrial policy; economic, social and territorial cohesion; development cooperation; inclusive education policy; establishing of the competition rules necessary for the functioning of the Pan-African GFVC market; agriculture, textile and environment policy; consumer protection; transport; and networks in pursuit of the GFVC AFRICA Vision and common sustainable development goals.
10. All members shall promote social justice to ensure inclusive economic development and wealth creation.
11. All members shall promote Youth, Persons with Disability, and Women Equality, and ensure that this is reflecting wherever possible in the composition of its leadership, staff, and volunteers.
12. The organization and members shall condemn and reject discrimination against any member on account of race, gender, ethnic or social origin, color, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political persuasion, conscience, belief, skill ability, culture, or language.
13. The organization and members shall find ways to meet the learning skills needs for persons with no previous education or disabilities by developing inclusive education systems and policies that can be adopted by the planned SMART FACTORIES and SMART TEXTILE VALLEYS to engage all learners equally and ensure that the organization “leaves no-one behind” in pursuit of the life quality and wealth creation for all Africans.
14. The organization co-operates, collaborates, and networks with international development organizations around issues of mutual concern to achieve its goals, that said, members shall always treat other organizations courteously and respectfully.
15. The organization and members shall serve the organization in an unbiased and impartial manner, setting aside personal interests and uphold the aspirations and good name of the organization.
16. The organization and members shall promote diversity in voluntarism at all levels.
17. The organization is built on embracing and promoting a culture of innovation, in this context, members shall be open to ideas; diversity and collaboration, experimentation, perseverance, and accept false starts as building blocks to improve the odds or accept that there's always room to improve even what may seem perfect.
18. The organization, members, and commissioners shall build a sustainable iconic ecosystem of innovation that accelerates innovation at scale across the value chain and small enterprises of the Pan-African municipalities - with this in mind, it shall highly penalize Violations of Trust as this can cause the system to fail.
19. The organization and members shall promote self-reliance within the framework of the GFVC AFRICA, transparency and integrity;
20. The organization shall form associations only with organizations that share in the Vision and adhere to the principles of the GFVC AFRICA.
Let’s Work Together
We welcome you to join us in our endeavors and be part of making a difference in reshaping the future of our industries. Submit your proposal below or send it directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org